This Agreement Is Made Between:
The Winnipeg School Division (“the school board”)
being the holder of certificate # (“the teacher”)
- The school board agrees to employ the teacher, and the teacher agrees to accept employment with the school board, to teach in place of another teacher as a substitute
(a) on the specific day or days agreed to by the parties in advance; and
(b) on any other days requested by the school board or its designate, subject to the teacher being available; during the following school year:
- The teacher agrees to diligently and faithfully carry out the teaching assignment and other duties he or she is assigned by the school board in accordance with the Acts and regulations of Manitoba.
- The school board agrees to pay the teacher in accordance with the collective agreement.
- This agreement is terminated on the earlier of the following days:
(a) on the day that is the last day of the school year specified in section 1;
(b) on the day the teacher and the school board agree;
(c) on the day the teacher ceases to hold a certificate, or his or her certificate is suspended.
- This agreement is effective the day it is made.
- In this agreement,
“certificate” means a teaching certificate, issued by the Minister of Education and Advanced Learning;
“collective agreement” means the collective agreement between the school division or district and the local teacher’s association of The Manitoba Teachers’ Society that is in effect during the term of this agreement;
“school year” means the period beginning on July 1 of one year and ending on June 30 of the next year.
Note: The Division’s seal is required, and this agreement is to be delivered as set out in subsection 92(2) of The Public Schools Act.
Winnipeg School Division
Where Winnipeg School Division is the school board, clause 2 is replaced with the following:
2 The teacher agrees to carry out the teaching assignment and other duties he or she is assigned by the Division or its Superintendent, diligently, faithfully and in accordance with
(a) the Acts and regulations of Manitoba; and
(b) the Code of Rules of the Division, as agreed to in the collective agreement.