Your mid-day meal should be satisfying and give you the energy to last the remainder of your day.
Trying to corral small children into desks and have them learn meaningfully is like herding cats when you’re at the top of your game. High carbohydrate, high fat, high sugar, all contribute to a feeling of sluggishness and irritability, and work against your goals for the day.
With a dressing of your choice, this salad is sure to keep you going happily until dismissal.
Chickpea Chicken Chopped Salad
- 2 large romaine hearts, washed and chopped
- 1 cup pulled cooked chicken breast
- 1 (15.5 oz) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 3/4 cup sweet corn
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/3 cup cilantro, washed and chopped
- 1 small avocado, diced
- In a large bowl add lettuce, top with all ingredients except for avocado and dressing. Toss salad gently.
- Place into cold salad bowls. Garnish with diced avocado.