Pull that got-it-as-a-wedding-present-but-never-opened-the-box food processor out of the closet, dust it off, and put it to work on this salad.
Don’t be daunted by the number of ingredients – it really does come together quite easily!
Raw Cauliflower Salad
- 1 head cauliflower, stems removed
- 1 head broccoli, stems removed
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 Gala apple, diced
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh mint
- the juice of one lemon
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp organic no-salt seasoning
- In a food processor (or chop by hand) process the broccoli (no stems) until fine. Add into large bowl.
- Now process the cauliflower (no stems) until fine and add into bowl.
- Attach grating blade to your food processor and grate the carrots (or grate by hand) and add to bowl.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients and stir until well combined.
- This salad can be served immediately, or left in the refrigerator to macerate for a couple of hours. It will keep for about 3-4 days in an airtight container.
source: The Healthy Foodie