Straight from the Island of Capri…it’s…
Avocado Caprese Salad
- 2 cups fresh arugula
- ½ avocado, pitted and sliced
- 3 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- generous pinch of sugar or dollop of honey
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Assemble the arugula, avocado slices and mozzarella in a serving bowl.
Top with torn or slivered basil leaves.
Whisk the extra virgin olive oil in a small bowl with the balsamic vinegar, sugar or honey and season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste and pour over the salad.
Toss to coat and serve.