January 11, 2016
ELECTIONS MANITOBA LAUNCHES MOBILE APP FOR 41ST GENERAL ELECTION: MANITOBA VOTES 2016
Elections Manitoba has launched Manitoba Votes 2016, a new mobile app for the provincial general election, which is set for Tuesday, April 19, 2016. Available in English and French, this app allows Manitobans to easily connect with provincial election information on the go.
“Elections Manitoba continues to develop new ways to deliver information and improve convenience for our stakeholders,” says Shipra Verma, Manitoba’s Chief Electoral Officer. “Our new app provides mobile users with quick access to their voting information, including a listing of candidates in their electoral division, voting location and key dates. Users can also read about and apply for jobs available during the election.”
The app complements the information available on Elections Manitoba’s website, www.electionsmanitoba.ca, while integrating Google maps and social media, allowing users to easily share election information with their social networks.
Highlights of the app include:
- My voting information – Find your electoral division, candidates, returning office, election day and advance voting locations based on your residential address
- Advance voting locations – See a complete list of advance voting locations in the province. Using location settings on your device, find advance locations near your current location
- Employment – Learn about election jobs available and apply directly using the app
- ID requirements – Find out what ID is required for advance voting and election day voting
- Accessibility – Voting options for people with disabilities and for all voters
- Students – Information about eligibility and residency requirements for post-secondary students
- Important dates – A list of all the key dates in the election calendar. Add them to your own calendar
- FAQ – Answers to common questions about the election
- Contact – Get contact information for your returning office and for Elections Manitoba
- For candidates – Nomination process, information sessions and spending limits
- Results – Access past election results and election night results
Elections Manitoba does not collect any personal information through the mobile app.
About Elections Manitoba
Elections Manitoba is the independent office of the Legislative Assembly responsible for the administration of provincial elections and by-elections.