The following is an update version of the staffing article provided in the WTA newsletter on a yearly basis.
The dates and times listed below are provided by the WSD and reflect the staffing process over the coming months.
WSD Staffing Timelines:
Friday, May 6, 2016 First ad in schools
Monday, May 9, 2016 4:00 PM Deadline for applications
Friday, May 27, 2016 Second ad in schools
Monday, May 30, 2016 4:00 PM Deadline for applications
Friday, June 10, 2016 Third ad in schools
Monday, June 10, 2016 4:00 PM Deadline for applications
Things to remember:
- Regarding surplus declarations, it is the WTA’s position that the WSD’s declaration of a staff member being surplus should occur prior to the first “Ad” being posted to the schools. If declarations are taking place after the postings have occurred, please contact the WTA office.
- The “Ad” is a list of open positions used by the WSD to solicit applications. The electronic version of the “Ad” may be available on Employee Connect the day before the date indicated in the table.
- If you are on a permanent fulltime contract, you are able to apply and will be considered for positions. If you are on a part time permanent contract, you are able to apply for the same percentage position or you can look for an increase in contracted time through the staffing process. Term teachers and substitutes are not able to apply for the posted positions.
- Your application should consist of a current resumé and a covering letter. The staffing process moves very quickly and many people are moved so you need to have your application in on time to be considered.
- If you are on a permanent contract, you can apply for a job which is listed as “term” in the staffing bulletin. If you are successful at obtaining the position, next year you may have to go through the staffing process again if the term person returns to their job.
- Contact the WTA office (204-831-7104 or firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have:
- applied for positions over the last few years and have never received an interview;
- had a difficulty with the electronic posting system;
- had a difficulty or concern about the staffing process this year.